Hunslet 0-6-0ST locomotive No. 1982, Ring Haw, which has been a long time resident on the line.
Ring Haw was built by the Hunslet Engine Company in 1940 to work at the Nassington Ironstone Quarries near Peterborough which opened that year. The locomotive was used to haul iron ore tipplers out of the quarries, usually three to four at a time, to the dispatch sidings to make up longer trains ready to be picked up and taken away on the mainline. Here it worked with fellow preserved Hunslet locomotive (Works No 1953 Jacks Green). Both locomotives continued to work at the quarry until 1970 when it closed and were therefore the last steam locomotives to work in ironstone quarries in England. Ring Haw was gifted to the Railway in 1970. The locomotive returned to steam after its last overhaul in September 2014
Ring Haw has enjoyed great popularity both on the NNR and during visits to other heritage lines including the Nene Valley in 2015, where it was reunited with ‘Jacks Green’, and most recently, until January 2020, to the Spa Valley Railway.