110 Years ago today the Y14 left Stratford works. The Society’s historic Y14 was built as GER no. 564 and left Stratford Works on 22 February 1912. It was one of the penultimate batch of ten (order number B70) and had a Macallan variable blastpipe, dual-brakes and steam heating fitted during construction. It spent most of its working life in Norfolk and Suffolk. In 1922 and 1936 it was allocated to Norwich Thorpe and also spent time at Yarmouth.
Thanks to Steve Allen and Jamie Ringwood for the pictures.